As the temperature drops, we naturally start to want heavier foods, comforting foods and dishes that nourish us. I’m no different, however, I still like to maintain my eating around raw/live food as I love how I feel when I eat this way.
Vibrant, Full of Energy and Feeling Alive
Here are few things I do to nourish my body in the cooler months:
- Warm food to 40C for 2 minutes which means it will be warm to touch - eating raw food does not mean the food has to be cold
- Use warm plates to plate up meals
- Eat heavier foods like nuts and seeds, crackers, burgers and avocados
- When making raw soups use warmed water in it’s creation
- Use a dehydrator or oven that is set on the lowest temperature to warm food taken from the fridge.
- Eat more root vegetables like carrots, parsnip and sweet potato. These vegetables have a grounding, downward energy about them due to where they grow. They will help with warming the body.
- Use warming spices like cinnamon, cumin, cardamon, turmeric, black pepper, cayenne, garlic, ginger and horseradish. I use these spices in creamy nut/seed dressings, desserts, nut milks and raw breakfast puddings. I find there is nothing more nourishing and relaxing than having a warmed spiced nut milk while sitting in front of the fire and watching the flames dancing.
Remember this is a journey you are on with food. There is no right or wrong way, just experiment and find the way that works best for you.
There are times that I will bake things like sweet potato, pumpkin and beetroot and add them to my other raw vegetables to create a meal. Be gentle and kind with yourself and see this as an adventure.
Disclaimer: This Content has been developed from our generous global community and is intended for informational purposes only. This Content is not, nor is it intended to be, a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment and should never be relied upon. Further, the personal views and experiences published are expressly those of the author, and do not represent the views or endorsement of SoulAdvisor through the act of publication on our site.